Our popular seminar on license-compliant delivery of products that contain open-source code
Product vendors that include open-source software in their products need to fulfill the obligations put upon them by the licenses of the open-source code they are using. Otherwise, an immediate sales and distribution stop could be enforced.
In this full-day seminar, you will learn everything you need to know about license-compliant delivery of products that contain open-source software. It provides an integrative perspective that shows how the legal counsel, the engineering department, and the person or office tasked with managing open source work together best. It is therefore suitable for all main stakeholders.
1. Open-source licenses
- Intellectual property and licenses
- Free and open source software licenses
- Example licenses, types of licenses
- Copyleft obligation
2. Software product risks
- Copyright risks
- Patent risks
- Software complexity
- Third-party code
3. The bill of materials
- The license compliance workflow
- Structure and content of source code
- Source and binary code scanning
- Dependency analysis
4. License-compliant distribution
- Standard license interpretation
- Creation of license compliance artifacts
- Bundling of license compliance artifacts
- Organization and presentation of bundle
|Prof. Dr. Dirk Riehle||Dipl.-Ing. Theofanis Vassiliou-Gioles|
|Germany / Europe|
|Next date||30th of September, 2022|
|Time||9:00 – 17:00|
|One-page flyer||English / German|
|Participation fee||990 € + VAT|
|Payment by bank deposit||Through invoicing|
|Payment by credit card||Through Paypal|
The spoken language of the seminar is English, unless everyone agrees to switch to German. If you are unsure, please inquire in advance about the language.
The 2023 schedule is in planning.
You can also review past public seminar instances.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (we are real humans!)