Product vendors that include open source software in their products need to fulfill the obligations put upon them by the licenses of the open source code they are using. Otherwise, an immediate sales and distribution stop could be enforced.
This full-day seminar provides a comprehensive introduction to license-compliant delivery of products that contain open source software. It provides an integrative perspective that shows how the legal counsel, the engineering department, and the person or office tasked with managing open source work together best. It is therefore suitable for all main stakeholders.
- A one-page PDF summary of the seminar is available in English.
- Eine einseitige PDF-Zusammenfassung ist auf Deutsch verfügbar.
1. Open Source Licenses
- Intellectual property and licenses
- Free and open source software licenses
- Example licenses, types of licenses
- Copyleft obligation
2. Software Product Risks
- Copyright risks
- Patent risks
- Software complexity
- Third-party code
3. The Bill-of-Materials
- The license compliance workflow
- License and copyright text scanning
- Source and binary code scanning
- Dependency analysis
4. License-Compliant Distribution
- Standard license interpretation
- Creation of license compliance artifacts
- Bundling of license compliance artifacts
- Organization and presentation of bundle
Dates and location
Please fill in this form to register for one of the upcoming instances of this seminar.and send a scan to firstname.lastname@example.org. Afterwards, we will send you an invoice for payment; you can also pay online.